Urban Farmers in Amsterdam
Get those green fingers right here in the Amsterdam concrete city jungle, that's Mokum Events' Urban Farming Group Event in Amsterdam. THE groupevent for anyone fed up with concrete and asphalt. Leave it to our own urban farming boys and girl to convey the passion for nature. Visit several urban farmers with vegetable gardens, learn about food cultivation on a balcony and much more! This cosy Mokum Events' group or company event can be arranged to suit your needs or schedule entirely.
Despite all that asphalt and concrete, there are a lot of smart city peasants and peasant women who grow stuff ingeniously. Together with our guide, you set out to discover the vertical gardens of Amsterdam, herb gardens, roof gardens and other green oases in the city. You can also weed plants or cultivate and 'slip' plants supervised by our own urban farmer, anything really to let your inner farmer come out and get some practical 'handson' knowledge.
The following activities can all be scheduled:
- Working together in a garden where digging, planting, weeding and harvesting is practiced.
- Visit some pretty (vegetable) gardens in Amsterdam on a bicycle or on foot
- Get instructions how urban farming can be successful on a balcony; topics such as herbal cutting, setting up seed jars, making bee hotels or how to make seed bombs are discussed in detail.
- Learn how to cultivate eatable plants on a balcony or on a rooftop or how to use a vertical garden facade.
- Discover wild herbs, wild vegetables and how to identify healthy and tasty berries, try to create nettle soup or herb pesto, find out more about special cocktails containing eatable flowers and prepare some delicious herbal tea.
15:00 Warm welcome with coffee, tea or soda's on location
17:30 Harvesting, preparing vegetables & cocktails together
18:00 Happy hour with drinks after which diner can be served
- Professional supervision by a truly inspired Urban Farmer from Amsterdam
Happy hour or diner
You can book this arrangement with fewer participants than stated on this page, if you are willing to pay for the required number! The maximum number of participants for this event is 25 people.